The Academy is operating at full capacity as of June 10, 2020 at both the Main Clubhouse and the South Academy. Check with your instructor on the location of each lesson.
Golfuture YYC is proud to have five PGA of Canada Golf Professionals that teach out of our facility year-round. They teach golfers of all ages and skill levels.
For Adult and Junior Private Lesson purchases, please visit the USCHEDULE Private Lesson Page to purchase lessons. For information on the packages, please scroll down.
ADULT PRIVATE LESSONS
The 4 Pack
Four 55-minute sessions gives you and your chosen PGA Professional ample time to fully assess strengths and weaknesses in your swing and golf game. The first lesson involves mostly assessment and developing a game plan for the three sessions to follow. Depending on the clients’ needs, the lessons can range from full swing technique, to putting. This package is customizable for YOUR game. It is recommended that your sessions be scheduled one to two weeks apart but can be scheduled at your convenience.
The 8 Pack
Prepare for a full assessment and improvement program for whatever needs your game requires. These eight 55-minute lessons should take around 3-4 months to complete, leaving ample practice time in between sessions. Take advantage of this opportunity to set yourself up for the rest of your golfing life.
The “8 Pack” introduces a variety of short game shots, correct green reading processes, course management, slope/lie analysis, putting stroke mechanics, bunker shots
Your lessons include
- Hi-Speed Video Analysis with a comprehensive breakdown of swing mechanics
- The most effective swing drills our team has researched and collaborated on
- Proven pre/post shot routine designs to make you consistently better
- BodiTrak Pressure Map and Trackman Mini-Combine
- Practice sessions designed to repair swing mechanic AND prepare you for competition.
- Medium Basket Punch card (value 7.50)
- 2 short game area day passes session
JUNIOR PRIVATE LESSONS
We are focused on developing junior golfers into truly competent athletes, some of whom will have the necessary high-level aptitudes and ambition to perform and ultimately win at the highest level of the game.
In our Future Links junior classes and camps, we ensure the appropriate concepts, benchmarks, goals, and objectives for each developmental age are in the learning material for each class. We draw upon these benchmarks and material to create our junior private lessons.
Each junior golfer is different, and if you choose private lessons, the programming will be customized completely based on their developmental age and goals. Often junior golfers need private lessons instead of group classes for a variety of reasons; scheduling difficulties, varied developmental ages, convenience for parents, and instructor preference.
One lesson is effective for short-term assistance if a junior is experiencing difficulty with a particular aspect of the game. It can also be effective for introducing a child to golf for the first time, in order to prepare them for a group class.
A 4 Lesson Package is a healthy start to learning golf and works well as a semi-private lesson with a sibling of varied ages. This can set the foundation for the juniors, so they are more comfortable in a group setting.
Our most popular package, the 8 pack gives the junior and instructor ample time to address all the skills for golf, in addition to the physical and psychological benchmarks in the LTPD Guide.
A more comprehensive approach to junior golf development, with the flexibility to schedule lessons when it works for your family. When junior golfers commit to this level of instruction, there is a blend of instruction and coaching, similar to some of the Strive For Excellence lesson content.
Looking to take a lesson with a friend or family member? We offer semi-private lessons as well!
– Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your lesson and check in with the Pro Shop for lesson location information.
– Lessons expire 1 year after purchase.
– Cancellation is 24 hours in advance or half the value is charged. Cancellations more than 24 hours in advance is not charged.
Todd Halpen, Director of Instruction
- 2020 Board of Directors, PGA of Alberta
- BSc. Behavioural Psychology
- 2012, 2019 PGA of Alberta Teacher of the Year Finalist
- Taught over 250 Golf & Tacos Ladies Group Classes
- 2009 Canadian Tour Member
Jamie Reimer, Strive for Excellence Junior Coach
- 2019/2020 University of Calgary Golf Team Coach
- CJGA Regional Director
- CDC, CNC Golf Canada Trained Coach
- 2013, 2019 PGA of Alberta Junior Coach of the Year Finalist
It is imperative that Academy clients abide by the protocols posted, as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
To mitigate the risks we cannot eliminate, we’ve assessed every potential point of contact in our golf academy and have developed safe work practices. We refer to the NAGA Guidelines released on May 1, 2020.