PGA of Canada Class “A” Teaching Professional
Alan turned professional and joined the PGA of Canada in 1978, following a very good junior amateur career in Victoria, BC. Alan has a great passion for teaching and strives to help others enjoy the game as much as he does. His strengths include focused one-on-one communication, helping each student identifying his or hers challenges and his experience. His instruction style is laid back and fun, while still challenging his students to break through. He coaches students to improve with a game plan and goal in mind. He uses a variety of teaching aids, mirrors, and alignment rods to evaluate his students skills. He has mentored a wide range of students of all different abilities from beginners to elite professionals, juniors to seniors, males and females, right and left handed.
With his 30+ years of experience, he has researched various methods of teaching and is able to adapt his teaching style teach individual student.
Alan works hard to improve his abilities to teach the game of golf and has studied how the mind influences the way the body works in order to enhance your golf game. He shares his vast teaching knowledge with his fellow professionals as well as his students, almost to a fault.
- 2000, 2005 Guest Speaker, Alberta PGA Teaching Summit
- 2002 Nominated for Alberta PGA Teacher of the year.
- 2000 Co Chairman, Alberta PGA Teaching Summit
- 1996 Consultant with Thailand Ministry of Education on golf in the school system
- 1982 1986, Associate Professional at Pinebrook G&CC, Calgary
- 1987 1992, Head Professional at Redwood Meadows GC, Bragg Creek
- 1993 1996, Senior Teaching Professional Stonecreek Golf Academy, Radium B.C.
- 1996 1998, Head Teaching Professional at Edmonton Country Club
- 1998 2000, Senior Teaching Pro at Tee to Green, Calgary
- 2000 2007, Head teaching Professional McCall Lake, Calgary
- 2007 present, Associate Teaching Professional @ Golf Canada Centre